Friday 3 November 2017

Triangle scarf

I don't know any more how many triangle scarfs I have already started and never finished... I think I still have 3 or 4 unfinished at home. Since years I was searching for the perfect yarn and of course the perfect pattern. I was trying some granny triangles and some easy knitted patterns, but I never found a perfect match. Mostly the yarn to heavy and at the end the scarf was not so comfortable to wear. Or the yarn was to thin and I just didn't have the patience to finish such a big piece. 

This year I found the yarn The Sheepjes Whirl and I loved it from the beginning! At the end of the summer I decided to buy it. It's pretty expencieve. I paid around 20 Euro including shipment for 1 piece and 1 piece is around 1.000m. It's a lot! But if you compare it to other yarns in a similar quality it's almost double price.. 



I'm not 100% sure if it's really worth this price.. The quality of the yarn is very good, it's nice to crochet and it's very light. And of course the colours are adorable. But on the other side there were a lot of knots at every change of the colour (at least 10 in the whole roll). In the pattern which I used I could hide them, but if you choose a smooth pattern without holes it could be hard to hide the knots.. This one on the picture is one of the smallest knots.



As you could see on the first picture I started with a granny triangle. I liked it but I also started with too small crochet hook (2). So I needed to start new with a bigger one (2,5). And than I also decided to change the pattern. I bought a pattern from WoolAffair. At the beginning the pattern seems to be not so easy and you need to look a lot on the description. But at latest at the row 12 you know how it works and don't need the text and pictures any more :) 




It took few evenings to finish the project. I was traveling in this time and I was taking the yarn with me. It was a little bit complicated because I was working with the yarn from the middle of the roll. After some time the rest of the roll is not so stabile any more. If you don't move it a lot it will be for sure ok, but while traveling I needed to put something inside the roll so it doesn't fall apart. 




And the final scarf you can see here:



I'm very happy with my finished scarf. Not only because it's my only one which is really finished and ready to wear ;) It's very soft and very light. It's not that warm but for me it's acctually something good because I can also wear it indoor. I love the colours and the pattern! I don't regret crocheting it from this pretty expensive yarn. Seeing the final product I need to say it was worth it :) It will probably stay the only finished one for some time so it was a good investment ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment